New Utility / Water Account Forms
* For Dania Beach residents located west of I-95, water service is provided by Broward County. Please contact Broward County Water and Wastewater Services at 954-831-3250 to set up water service.
HOW TO OPEN A NEW UTILITY / WATER ACCOUNT:
To manage Residential and Commercial Utility / Water Accounts, please fill up the appropriate forms:
Opening A Water Account Form
Water Account Direct Payment Form
Close A Water Account Form
An account may be opened in person, opened by mail or by courier (by sending the required documentation) at:
DANIA BEACH CITY HALL
100 W. Dania Beach Blvd.
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
Map to Dania Beach City Hall
To open a new account the owner or tenant of the property must have:
- Owners: an application form is required along with copy of the warranty deed showing proof of ownership.
- Tenants: an application form is required along with a current signed notarized lease agreement.
- Each application must be accompanied by the appropriate application fee.
- A social Security or Federal Identification Number will be required to open an account
PAYMENT DUE DATE & WATER SERVICE INTERRUPTED
- Residential units: $3.50 per applicant
- Residential units for Canadians: $15.00 per applicant
- Commercial accounts: $20.00 per applicant
- Deposits for residential units will vary from $50.00 to $180.00 depending on the credit rating established.
- Deposits for Commercial accounts will be determined by credit rating and meter size.
Utility bills are due when rendered and will consider delinquent if not paid within 20 days after the initial billing date.
Bills are considered delinquent on the 15th day after the bill date shown on the bill. If a bill remains unpaid, the service will be disconnected on the “cut-off date” indicated on your bill.
The cut-off time for payment is 4:00 p.m. on the last day of due date or termination date. Water service will be interrupted if payment is not made within 30 days from date of billing. A $30.00 turn on fee will be charged if payment to reinstate service is made before 4:00 p.m. A $80.00 turn-on fee will be charged if payment to reinstate service is made after 4:00 p.m. Please be advised that if your water service has been interrupted for non-payment, you must speak with a Customer Service Representative after you have paid to schedule service reconnection.
Customer Service Representatives may be reached at (954) 924-6800 x3401 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
PAY BILL OPTIONS
Options to pay water bills
When do you get the deposit back?
Under the City Code of Ordinance Section 27-24, a customer’s deposit will be refunded if within a period of 23 consecutive months, the customer has not in the preceding 12 months had any of the following:
- More than one late payment
- Paid with a check refused by a bank
- Had service disconnected
- Tampered with the meter
- The City will at the close of the fiscal year credit the account with the deposit plus interest at the average annual rate earned by the City. This credit will appear on your bill either in September or October depending on your billing cycle.
Monthly residential utility fee schedule and services included.
$4.09 for each 1000 gallons up to 5,000
$6.54 for each 1000 gallons from 5,001 to 14,000
$8.17 for each 1000 gallons over $14,000
$7.46 for each 1000 gallons of water used
No sewer charge if you have a separate sprinkler meter.
(* Residential rates effective October 1, 2012)