SR 84 OVER THE SOUTH FORK OF THE NEW RIVER BRIDGE PAINTING PROJECT
This FDOT project consists of painting the steel portions of the four-lane bascule bridge (Bridge No. 860008) over the South Fork of the New River.
• One lane in each direction on the SR 84 bridge will be closed 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly through Sunday, Jan. 10.
• The SR 84 bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly Monday, Jan. 11, through Thursday, Jan. 14, and Sunday, Jan. 17, through Thursday, Jan. 21. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
• Westbound traffic should go south on SW 30th Avenue to Griffin Road; go west on Griffin Road to State Road 7; go north on State Road 7 to SR 84.
• Eastbound traffic should go south on State Road 7 to Griffin Road; go east on Griffin Road to SW 30th Avenue; go north on SW 30th Avenue to SR 84.
• Access to adjacent businesses will be maintained.
• The bridge’s vertical clearance at the navigable waterway may be reduced from 21 feet to 18 feet during painting operations.