The Building Division is responsible for enforcing building codes relative to new construction, additions, remodeling and interior renovation of residential, commercial, and industrial property; including processing building permit applications, reviewing plans, and conducting inspections. This division is also responsible for condemnation and demolition of unsafe structures.
Building Department Hours:
Open to the Public Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Available by Phone Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone No. (954) 924-6805
Zoning walk-in Hours 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 pm (Monday -Thursday)
40 YEAR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM:
BROWARD COUNTY Building Safety Inspection Program (PDF Form)
For inquires or questions regarding the 40 Year Certification program please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view 40 YEAR BUILDING SAFETY INSPECTION PROGRAM PPT
Click Here to access Broward County's ePermits website
- Asbestos Certificate
- Transportation Concurrency & Environmental Review
- Notice of Commencement
Online Building Permit Access (click image below)
*Preferred browser Google Chrome to make permit payment
Online Services Provided:
- Check Permit Status
- Pay Permit Fees
- Request Inspections
- Walk In during business hours 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Monday through Thursday)
- Permit Dropbox located at the front door of City Hall (only on Friday 8 am to 5 pm )
- Building Division
- Special Permitting Office
- Phone No.: (954) 924-6800 x3797
- Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Please note that permit applications are not considered accepted until approved for acceptance by the Community Development Director and routed for review.
To verify time of inspection, please call inspector the morning of. See contacts below:
- Structural Inspections (954) 658-1831
- Mechanical Inspections (954) 588-0989
- Electrical Inspections (954) 658-1866
- Plumbing Inspections (954) 658-4986 or (954) 214-2164
- Zoning Inspections (954) 924-6805 x3657
- Landscape Inspections (954) 668-8244
- Fire Inspections (954) 831-8210
- Building Official (954) 924-6805 x3650
Forms & Applications
- APPLICATION - TEMPORARY OUTDOOR SEATING PERMIT
- Additional Submittal Form
- Broward County Retrofit Window and Door Schedule
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Checklist
- Change of Contractor Form
- Complete Retro Packet Fillable 2020 Pro
- Construction Cost Verification Form
- Contractor Registration Form
- Co Requirements
- Swale Detail
- Emergency Generator Requirements
- Electronic Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- Impact Fee Schedule
- Lot Coverage Information Form
- A/C Replacement Form
- Mobile Home Minimum Requirements
- New or Changes Address Form
- Online Notary Amendment Form
- Owner / Builder Permit Affidavit
- Permit Fee Schedule
- Permit Information Request Form
- Permit Notice of Commencement
- Permit Revision Form
- Permit Special Inspector Form
- Permit Submittal Cover Sheet
- Pool Safety Information
- Request For Temporary 30-Day Electric Service
- Residential Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Safety Act Notice of Requirements
- Right of Way / Utility Permit Application
- Septic Tank to Sewer Conversion
- Special Event Permit Application
- Swale Affidavit
- Tree Removal General License Use Notice Form
- Tree Removal License Application
- Temporary Structure Affidavit
- Temporary Water Summary Form (TWSF)
- Upload to CAP - Dania Beach Submittals new
- Water Sewer Summary Form
Fire Rescue & Emergency Services
- When do I need a building permit?
- As a contractor, what documents are required to register with the city?
- Can I apply for an Owner-Builder Permit?
- Do I need approval from my Homeowner’s Association (HOA)?
- Do I need to install smoke detectors in my existing house when doing an addition?
- Do I need a permit to replace/repair my fence with the same fence?
- Does my Building Permit expire?
- Does my permit application expire if not issued?
- How do I make changes to my permit while it is still under review?
- Do my plans need to be signed and sealed by an Architect/Engineer?
- How many copies are required?
- When do I need a tree permit?
- What documents do I need to obtain a permit for additions/renovations?
- Do I need a permit to do landscaping?
- Do I have to display my permit card?
- What is the purpose of the Notice of Commencement form?