- Human Resources
- Career Opportunities
Dania Beach Career Opportunities
The City of Dania Beach is committed to employing a talented and diverse workforce. The City of Dania Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will not permit discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor in its recruitment and hiring practices.
The City of Dania Beach reserves the right to accelerate or extend the "Closing Date" of open positions at any time, dependent upon the number of applications received.
Preference will be given to certain veterans, spouses of veterans, or unmarried widows/widowers of veteran and/or City of Dania Beach residents. Proof of veterans' eligibility and/or residency status must be provided at the time of application.
Applicants with disabilities who desire special accommodations MUST notify the Human Resources Department at the time of application.
Applicants must detail any related work experience on the application or risk disqualification. It is the applicant's responsibility to update their NEOGOV profile with work experience, education, certifications, and personal contact information when submitting each application, failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
City of Dania Beach employees must reflect their current position and detail their work experience on the application to avoid being disqualified.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include group medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as FRS and paid vacation, sick, and personal time.
How to apply for a position:
Applications must be received by the indicated deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Dania Beach Career Opportunities
SEARCH & APPLY ONLINE - https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/daniabeachfl
- The minimum age requirement for full-time employment with the City is 18 years of age.
- The City requires a pre-employment physical, background screening, E-Verify verification, and may require a pre-employment drug test for safety sensitive positions.
- The online hiring system allows for the attachment of multiple documents including resumes, cover letters, references, recommendations, certifications, diplomas, transcripts etc. You may attach any/all of those items at the time of application.
- You need to fill out a separate application for each position.
- For full time positions the City provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, disability, vision and RX for employees and their dependents. We are an FRS employer and offer additional savings plans through a 457 deferred compensation plan. The City also provides 12 paid holidays, 3 personal days, a Floating Holiday and a minimum 2 weeks vacation after one year, and 12 sick days (subject to position status and collective bargaining agreements). Part time employees also receive generous benefits including pro-rated holidays, sick and vacation time. Part-time employees also participate in retirement benefits.
- Applicants must meet minimum requirements of the position. Applicants who meet the desired requirements may be given preference.
- Preference will be given to qualified veterans who submit required documentation before the posted close day of the position, as required per Florida law.